Phoenix Child Custody Lawyer
Aggressively Fighting for Your Child's Best Interests in Scottsdale
Attorney Laura Eckstein is passionate about being a strong voice for children involved in divorce and custody cases. Our firm thrives on our ability to provide dedicated legal advocacy that fights for the individual needs of our clients. No case is the same, and we strive to treat you and your loved ones as we would wish to be treated in a similar situation.
What Factors Affect Child Custody Decision?
When the court has to make a decision concerning child custody, it must take many factors into account. Ultimately, the child's best interests are what inform these decisions.
A judge may take the following factors into consideration, and more:
- Any history of abuse by the parents
- The child's preference (if old enough to make an informed decision)
- The child's relationships with family members
- The primary caregiver's fitness to care for the child
- One parent's willingness to include the other parent
- The parent's relationships with the child
Call (623) 321-2920 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Our Practice Areas
You can trust us to provide you with the high-quality representation you deserve.
Types of Child Custody
Child custody refers to the legal rights and responsibilities involved in raising a child and making major decisions about that child's life. These decisions include education, living situations, health care, religious upbringing, and more.
There are several types of child custody:
- Physical custody: This means you have the child under your care at a certain time and are responsible for making basic decisions during that time.
- Sole legal custody: This means that one parent takes primary legal responsibility for making major decisions about how the child will be raised. While the other parent should be consulted, the parent with sole legal custody will have the final say. In some cases, the court will review these decisions to determine whether they are in the child's best interests.
- Joint legal custody: This means that both parents must consult and agree on major decisions concerning the child. Since both parents must agree, this is a delicate situation. A disagreement can easily lead to one parent gaining sole custody.
- Split legal custody: In rare situations, split legal custody can be determined. This means that siblings might be under the sole custody of different parents.
At Laura Eckstein Law, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.
Laura was able to help us get the law to work in our favor to help protect my family. I cannot thank her enough. She is amazing.- Kashel C.
She is very on top of everything and has been available for questions and last minute issues. She is professional but is not condescending when her clients, or others, aren't legally trained.- Alexia W.
Laura and her team were devoted from the beginning of the case to the end. Laura Eckstein Law is exactly what you need to face whatever challenges you may need.- Hilary W.
I would 100% recommend Laura for any legal issue you may have. She is a fighter who does not give up and makes results happen.- Nathan B.
Not only is Laura one of the best attorneys I have personally dealt with, she also operates with a stringent moral compass and strives to serve her clients with an elevated approach.- Dan L.
They help you understand all the aspects of their work and make you feel like you’re important and your problem matters.- Tina B.
Laura went above and beyond for me, and I’m so grateful to her helping me through such an emotional and financial process.- Ishmar A.
I know that no matter what happens, I have someone on my side fighting for me. Thank you for representing me. I am forever grateful.- Lenny W.