top of page


Circumstances Change. We Can Help.

After a divorce, it's common for circumstances to change to the extent that you would need to modify your existing child support, spousal support, or child custody order. With a capable legal advocate on your side, you can trust that your best interests will be strongly represented and that all legal details will be effectively handled.


When Can an Order Be Modified?

In order to modify an order such as child support, child custody, visitation, or spousal support, you must prove to the court that a substantial change took place and the change in question requires a modification to be made to accommodate your circumstances.


The following are usually considered significant enough life changes to merit a modification:

  • Relocation

  • Remarriage

  • Income change

  • Child's needs increase

  • Employment change (such as being fired)


The court will evaluate your case and determine whether the modification can be granted.

Click here to get to know a little more about your legal team at Laura Eckstein Law.

bottom of page